Community Based Support in Tasmania supply aged care services and disabled care:
Our vision at Community Based Support Inc. is to support people to live the life they choose. This means is that we put the person wanting support at the centre of the picture. They are involved in the care plan from the first time we have contact. Where appropriate, CBS also includes family members, friends and the broader community in the planning process.
Ultimately, this drives CBS’s mission to maximise your independence by putting you in control of your life.
What Does CBS Do?
To give you an idea of the kind of support you might choose from CBS, here is a list of our services:
- Assessment services
- Bus outings
- Care coordination
- Carer support
- Consumer directed respite care
- Domestic assistance (home help)
- Garden maintenance (general gardening)
- Gentle movement exercise and chat groups
- Health and safety monitoring
- Home care packages
- Home maintenance
- Major and minor home modifications (from ramps and rails to bathroom renovations)
- Mental health carer support
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS – Authorised provider)
- Personal care (showering, dressing etc)
- Residential respite (short term stay in an aged care facility)
- Respite (time out / a break for carers)
- Social clubs (Day centres)
- Social support (help with shopping, paying bills etc.)
- Spring cleaning
- Water aerobics groups
- Young carer support
For a more detailed understanding of these services, please click here.
find CBS Tasmania on Google here.